Monday 3 October 2011

Simple pleasures


I really like jam; on toast, on bread, especially on a scone with cream. I also like jam jars. In fact, I like them so much that I find it hard to part with them once the jam has finished. So I was pleased when I came across this Meet me at Mike's post. I haven't tried any of these ideas yet, but have put mine to work housing my button collection, paintbrushes, pens and I made a wish jar (that works!)

I drew this jar of jam whilst having tea and toast for one at the V&A Reading Rooms. Anywhere that you can order toast at 3.30pm on a Sunday afternoon is a winner in my book, even more so when it's served with a 'choice of conserves' that was actually a tray of six jars of jams, marmalade's and honey. (They would have made very fine additions to my collection).

Thelma x

No comments:

Post a Comment