Friday 21 October 2011

I heart



























On a Saturday morning stroll to Maltby Street market (what seems to be a well-kept foodie secret), I came across my own hidden treasure- this lovely looking vintage tin in an old warehouse type market.  

I love the faded colours, the interesting use of words, the rustic look and of course the bright-red heart.  It really reminded me of a collection of paper hearts I made from old book pages a while ago, so just had to dig them out and sit them pretty next to my newest addition!

I think I may have to start a tin collection now and oh- just think all of the ribbon, lace, little bits of paper, buttons and craft supplies that they will hold!

Louise X 

1 comment:

  1. I love the hearts Louise! How fab is the matching reds in your photo too! Very dreamy and oldy-worldy. You’ve just inspired me on my book/heart art for the day, I’m going to mix-it –in with an idea I’ve had brewing. Thanks for being my beautifully sent inspirational push x

    ReplyDelete