Thursday 29 September 2011

I made that

   

































































Making things makes me feel better. I don't know if it's the satisfaction of having something in my hands that I created or whether it's the meditation of getting lost in the process. All I know is I feel better for doing it. 

I visited the Power of making exhibition at the V&A on the weekend, I've been really looking forward to it and it did not disappoint. Although it was super busy and I had trouble getting a proper look at everything, I did manage to see the main attraction for me; the work of Dalton Ghetti. This guy's work is absolutely incredible, and when I read about why he does it, I appreciated it all the more...

"For Dalton, sculpting pencils is a hobby and a form of meditation, which requires a lot of patience. His pencil carvings are not for sale. He doesn’t do it for money. He sculpts pencils mostly for himself and his art comes from his heart. He wants to keep it that way." Read more about him here.

Thelma x

No comments:

Post a Comment